Saturday, August 05, 2006

Black Guides, Blue Guides, Baedeker's,Murray's Travel Handbooks

Is it just me, or has this been the slowest week for vintage and collectible book sales in history ? Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of customer contact. In fact, the emails have flown fast and furious, but few seem to be in a buying mood. I've answered a gazillion questions on maps, illustrations, edition dates, condition, etc., etc. .I've sent dozens of photos & scans around the world. One valued collector/customer emailed me night and day while he was on his seaside holidays, but decided not to buy after all.
On a positive note, we have found a great space and are moving up the road a piece . Closing date in October. Time to start packing.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone is on holiday except you and I, or so it seems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home